Setting up an online fundraising page, on a platform like JustGiving or on Facebook, is a quick and reasonably straightforward process. Often, the challenge is encouraging people to donate and building a momentum that will see you reach and maybe even exceed your fundraising target.
Here are some top tips that will help you make the most of an online fundraising page, no matter what platform you choose.
- Choose the platform. Choose a platform that works best for you and the type of fundraising you are doing.
- Set yourself a target. Having a goal to work towards will help keep you motivated.
- Add a profile picture. When using a platform like JustGiving adding a profile picture adds a personal touch. Believe it or not, on average people with a profile pictures raise more money!
- Customise your message. Tell everyone why you are fundraising. You do not have to be great with words, just be honest and say why the cause is important to you.
- Set an example. Be the first person to donate to your fundraiser, this activates your page and encourages other to follow your lead. You can even opt to make your donation anonymous if you wish.
Reaching your target
- Keep posting. Don’t be shy, if you are doing a challenge post updates on your social media and fundraising page.
- Share your page. If you use multiple social media platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram, share what you are doing on all to reach as many people as possible.
- Mention us on social media. We love to see what our supporters are up to. Tag us so we can share your fundraising page to all of our online followers.
- Offer an incentive to donate. Pledge to do something if your supporters help you exceed your target. This could be anything from making an extra donation yourself to going out in fancy dress, get creative!
- Ask your place of work if they can match your donation. This is a great way to boost what your donation and help us out even more.
- Keep fundraising after the event. Keeping your page active for a few extra days can help you reach and maybe even exceed your fundraising expectations.
- Thank your supporters. Whether you thank everyone individually or write a thank you status update it is really important to acknowledge everyone’s contribution.