We are so inspired by you, our fundraising heroes who support the work we do. Whether you’re considering a challenge of a lifetime, a fun event for school or a fundraiser at work, we would love to hear what you are planning.
Popular Fundraising Ideas
- Coffee mornings
- Bake sales
- Blindfold challenges
- Non-uniform day
- Denim Day (Jeans4Genes)
- Bucket collections
- Church gate collections
- Race night
- Table quiz
- Dine in the Dark (blindfolded meal)
- Christmas card sale
- Charity football match
- Wine & cheese night
- Check out our A-Z ideas list for more fun ideas
Top Fundraising Tips
- Let us know! We’d love to hear what you’re planning and will send you out a fundraising pack with sponsorship cards and other fundraising materials to help you.
- Keep it simple, something you will enjoy. Some of the best events are the simplest (like a coffee morning or bake sale at work or a collection or bag-pack at your local shop).
- Set up a fundraiser page on Everyday Hero and JustGiving. These are great tools to make it easier for your network to sponsor your efforts.
- Share your fundraising page with your friends on social media.
- Talk to your employer. They may offer a matching scheme and could double your donation. Or consider running a fundraising event with your colleagues.
- Special reason. If you have a personal reason for supporting us or have a condition affecting your sight, consider sharing it with potential supporters and/or local press as it will help raise the profile of your fundraising event.
- Ask for help. Send letters or emails to friends, family and colleagues explaining what you’re doing and why you want their support.
- Thank everyone. Let people know how grateful we all are for their support.
Get in touch
Contact Tim today at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 6789 004 to take your first step towards a brighter future we all can see.