Fighting Blindness is a member-led organisation. Membership is open to anyone interested in our work, this includes people who are affected by vision impairment or blindness and their families, Fighting Blindness supporters and fundraisers, scientists, medical professionals, and the general public.
You can sign up as a member online here or you can contact 01 6789 004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits to You:
- Opportunity to participate in consultations and focus groups about the future of vision research and therapy development.
- Access to committees and groups regarding vital issues faced by the vision impaired community.
- Subscription to quarterly member newsletter ‘Visionaries’
- Free entry to the annual Retina Conference
- Exclusive invitations to events such as the Annual General Meeting and Community Information Events
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Speak directly to our research team and receive information about your eye condition and on-going research to find treatments and cures.
Membership subscriptions are a valuable source of income for Fighting Blindness but far more important is that the more members we have, the stronger our voice is. We represent our members in matters of health policy, we raise issues at a national level that are important to you and we create awareness about vision impairment among the general public. We cannot do this without your input. We need to know what matters to you so that we can work effectively on your behalf.