Calling all students! We need you to hold a Jeans for Genes Day this September to help raise much-needed awareness for people living with inherited blindness and sight loss in Ireland.
Other Ways to Help:
Your school can help by organising fundraising & awareness activities throughout the year. Some ideas:
- Organise your annual talent, fashion show, christmas concert or play on our behalf
- Choose Fighting Blindness for your CSPE / Gaisce or Young Scientist project. Download our Fighting Blindness Educational Resource to help you with this.
- Hold a Blindfold Challenge or non-uniform day to raise much-needed funds. Check out our A – Z of ideas for inspiration for fundraising & fun-raising!
- Inspire others – Share photos of your efforts with us on our Facebook, Instagram or by email. We’d love to see them and help inspire others to get involved too.
- Raising awareness is equally as important as fundraising. Consider making a Fighting Blindness presentation to your class. Download our Educational Resource Pack now! And we can send you anything else you might need.
Your school, college or university can really make a difference by joining the fight against blindness, as well as being a very positive learning experience for all involved in school. Time to get your school & college fundraising to help create a brighter future we all can see.