Research News content
- Fighting Blindness funded scientists show that a compound found in the contraceptive pill may protect against retinal degeneration
- ProQR announces clearance of Investigational New Drug (IND) to start clinical trial of an RNA-therapy in people with Usher Syndrome Type 2.
- Ronnie Whelan Launches New AMD Guide. Dec 2018
- Spotlight on…..Dr. Sarah Doyle and her research on SARM1.
- First Gene Therapy for Blindness Approved in Europe.
- Spotlight on…..Genetic Counselling.
- RNA Therapies for Inherited Retinal Diseases.
- Genetic Counselling for inherited retinal degenerations.
- Stem cell treatment holds potential to improve sight in people with macular degeneration.
- Spotlight on…..Optogenetics.
- Using zebrafish models to understand inherited sight loss in childhood.
- World Retina Day 2017.
- RPE65 Gene Therapy Update.
- Gene Editing – What does this mean for inherited retinal degeneration?
- Fighting Blindness invests in developing Adaptive Optics in Ireland.
- Reinventing the Eye Exam with Artificial Intelligence.
- NightstaRx Commences first Phase I/II Gene Therapy Clinical Trial for X-Linked Retinitis Pigmentosa.
- New Gene Discovery Research funded by Fighting Blindness.
- UCD to Lead New International Research Consortium to Accelerate Development of Ophthalmic Treatments.
- LHON Gene Therapy Clinical Trial Seeking Participants.
- Ireland’s First Stem Cell Tissue Transplant Eye Operation.
- Positive Step Forward For Retina Gene Therapy.