All of our support groups can now be accessed online.
Experiencing sight loss can be challenging. We recognise the value of peer support in navigating this.
We offer peer support groups for people with a visual impairment to share their feelings and experiences with others facing the same challenges.
The support groups are based in Dublin and Cork.
The support groups all take place over Zoom, with the exception of the Dublin Peer Support Group, which also meets in person.
Below is a list of the support groups we have in place at present:
Partner’s Peer Support Group
- For spouses/partners of those affected by sight loss.
- Takes place on the first Wednesday of the month at 3 – 4:30pm.
Dublin & Cork Technology Clubs
- Provide technical support to members. Beginners are welcome.
- Dublin club takes place every Monday 11am – 1pm.
- Cork club takes place every Saturday 11am – 1pm.
- A get together for participants to practise stress reduction and mindful exercises.
- Takes place on Zoom every Wednesday 10am – 11am.
Dublin & Cork Peer Support Group
- Enable people to reach out to others to give and receive support.
- Dublin group – face-to-face and Zoom – takes place the second Wednesday of the month from 6 – 8pm.
- Cork group takes place on the last Wednesday of the month from 7:30 – 9:15pm.
Connections Coffee Morning
- For those who wish to spend a relaxing hour and a half meeting people online.
- Takes place every Tuesday from 10:30am – 12pm.
- This group brings together people from the border counties of Donegal, Sligo, Monaghan, Leitrim, Cavan and Louth.
- Takes place every second Tuesday from 3 – 5pm.
- For people between the ages of 18 – 30yrs.
- Takes place the last Tuesday of the month from 6:30 – 8pm.
- Peer support group for parents whose children have had a diagnosis of an eye condition.
- Takes place the second Thursday of the month from 7:30 – 9pm.
If you’re interested in attending any of these meetings, please contact us for further information at 01 674 6496 or email@example.com.