Need to Talk: Could you be an Emotional Support Vision Champion?
Sight loss can be devastating and its emotional impact profound for the individual going through this life-changing event and for their family and friends.
As an Emotional Support Vision Champion, you can reduce the emotional impact of sight loss.
Emotional Support Vision Champions recognise the emotional impact of sight loss, have a high level of empathy and understanding, have knowledge of services available and provide support and information to people affected by sight loss.
The ‘Emotional Support Vision Champions’ course is for those working or supporting people affected by sight loss including:
This FREE short online course is designed to be completed within 80 minutes or can be undertaken in sections over a period of time that suits the individual.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
• recognise common emotions some people and their families may experience;
• understand why people behave in the way they do;
• recognise the benefits of maintaining your boundaries; and recognise when your boundaries are being stretched or blurred.
• equip yourself with the skills to deal with difficult situations,
• gain self-awareness;
• know how to respond to suicidal risk;
• remain resilient when faced with an array of emotions;
• recognise the need to self-care, discover ways of implementing self-care;
• know your personal limitations.
For further information on becoming an Emotional Support Vision Champion please contact
Tel: 0303 123 9999
The ‘Need to Talk’ project is supported by the European Union’s INTERREG VA Programme and managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB