Fighting Blindness is a patient-led charity with a vision to cure blindness, support people living with sight loss and empower patients. We are the only Irish charity funding research into treatments for sight loss. To date, we have invested over €20 million in more than 115 research and clinical projects.
Over the past 38 years, we have grown from a small support group for families affected by retinitis pigmentosa to a nationally recognised brand.
We are seeking a part time Donor Care Executive to join the team.
Period: 6 Months fixed term
Hours: 25 hours per week
Location: All employees are currently working remotely due to Government pandemic restriction advice. Position usually based at Fighting Blindness office, 7 Ely Place, Dublin 2.
Closing Date: 15 March 2021
The Donor Care Executive will report directly to the Fundraising Manager and provide support around related administration with a particular focus on our monthly lottery, the Private Members Draw, and our CRM system, Raiser’s Edge. The ideal candidate will have an interest in the charity sector and will want to work with respect and empathy for the organisation and the people it serves.
Role and responsibilities
- Coordinating the donor care process for all members of the Private Members Draw and supporting the Fundraising Manager on this campaign
- Setting up and cancelling direct debits, as well as communicating with direct debit donors
- Donor care – communicating with donors via email, text and phone regarding their donations and queries
- Inputting and maintaining comprehensive and accurate records on Raiser’s Edge in a timely manner
- Providing administrative support for all fundraising campaigns, including database and online support
- Processing post and incoming donations
- Updating Raiser’s Edge with donor contact details in compliance with GDPR, and setting up contact lists
- Supporting around logistics of donor care and stewardship
- Supporting office operation activities such as answering the phones and responding to emails regarding fundraising
- Supporting the preparation process for meetings with donors and prospective donors
- Providing administrative support to the fundraising manager
- Attending and minute-taking at fundraising meetings
- Providing administrative support to the CEO as and when it might be required in the absence of the Operations Manager
Skills and professional characteristics
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in a related field essential
- Minimum three years’ relevant experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential to this role
- A high level of experience in using the Microsoft Office suite and database software, including Mail Merge and excel skills
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM system
- High level of administrative and organisational skills, including the ability to manage competing priorities and working to deadlines
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build rapport and collaborative working relationships with all stakeholders
- Self-motivated with a high level of organisational ability, accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of dealing with sensitive information in a professional manner, with adherence to data protection legislation
- Knowledge of the charity and voluntary sector advantageous
Interested candidates should submit a copy of their curriculum vitae and cover letter to Anna Moran at firstname.lastname@example.org. Fighting Blindness is an equal opportunities employer.