A key priority for Fighting Blindness is to support the next generation of vision researchers. We recognise that training, networking and developing collaborations is key to the career development of early-stage career researchers and clinicians.
Our Fighting Blindness Career Development Award provides funding for PhD students, early career stage postdoctoral researchers, and clinicians in the area of vision loss. The purpose of the award is to provide funding for applicants to:
- Attend a training course (in-person or virtual)
- Present research papers/posters at national/international conferences/workshops (in person or virtual)
- Facilitate national and/or international networking and collaboration meetings or events
This year, we are delighted to announce that the awardees for the career development awards are:
- Delphi Mac White, PhD student at UCD University
- Erin Fahey, Postdoctoral Researcher at TCD University
- Gareth Lingham, Postdoctoral Researcher at TUD University
Congratulations to Delphi, Erin, Gareth!
Thank you also to everyone who took the time to apply. The quality of applicants was very high and we look forward to watching your careers develop and progress.
If you have any questions please contact Research on: firstname.lastname@example.org.