Major Gifts and Grants Manager (full-time)July 24, 2019
Major Gifts and Grants Manager (full-time) content
We’re looking for a dynamic Major Gifts and Grants Manager to join our fundraising team.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: Full time
Starting date: Immediate
Holidays: 24 days per annum
Line Management: Chief Executive
About Fighting Blindness
Fighting Blindness is a forerunner in driving research into degenerative blindness, supporting people who are affected by sight loss and a champion in advocating for their interests. We have invested more than €18 million across over 90 research projects specifically designed to investigate inherited and rare conditions that cause sight loss. We raise in excess of 85% of our income from the public. The result of that investment is that we have been part of funding some of the most exciting and innovative research projects in Ireland which are now having a direct impact on people living with sight loss as the ideas and results move from the laboratory to the clinic. The charity was founded and is directed and led by patients. Our members are actively engaged in every part of our work and we welcome and celebrate the opportunity to ensure that our motivation and influence is centrally controlled by the people whom our work is designed to benefit.
Responsible for leading the strategic delivery of all major giving activities for the charity which includes major donors, grants, trusts and foundations, corporate and legacy giving. The ideal candidate will have in-depth experience of fundraising strategy and campaign management in the Irish economic context. They will have a keen interest in the charity sector and will want to use their skills to make a real difference and influence change.
Essential experience and skills
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Five years’ experience in a senior fundraising role with proven results in planning and management against budget, timescale and deadlines
- Demonstrable experience in leading the growth and development of a major gifts or similar strategy, with a track record of success in delivering objectives and securing significant philanthropic gifts
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills, with experience in building relationships with supporters
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to inspire commitment and support from a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and within a small dynamic team
- Ability to manage a complex workload and work to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to manage projects effectively to include conceptualising, planning, implementation and evaluation
- Knowledge and understanding of Irish charity fundraising market in general and particularly in humanitarian and development charity fundraising
- Experience in working in a scientific or research related fundraising role an advantage
- Achieve specified fundraising targets
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and implement major gift and legacy strategies
- Directly develop relationships with high net worth major donors (individuals, corporate and trusts) increasing their financial contribution and loyalty through a structured programme of activities
- Develop and maintain administrative systems and procedures to ensure the smooth running of the major gifts programme.
- Manage the production of major donor content to continue to build donor loyalty and maximise retention
- Report on major gifts income, analysing trends and making sure opportunities for repeat funding are maximised
- Prepare research profiles on current and prospective donors and develop and manage a prospect pipeline
- Assist the other departments with development and implementation of fundraising plans and activities for the annual events and campaigns.
- Help with lead generation, and writing of corporate partnership proposals, presentations and pitches.
Position based at Fighting Blindness office, 7 Ely Place, Dublin 2. Interested candidates should submit a copy of their curriculum vitae and cover letter to Anna Moran at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4pm on Tuesday, August 6.
Fighting Blindness is an equal opportunities employer.