Fighting Blindness (FB) is the national vision research charity, having invested over €17 million in more than 90 research projects since its inception in 1983. The organisation provides professional counselling and therapeutic services for individuals and families living with vision impairment. Our Support and Counselling service currently provides counselling support for roughly 90-100 individuals per annum. We also provide a wide suite of additional support groups such as Coffee Mornings, Peer Support, Technology Support etc.
Period: Fixed term (12-month Contract) Subject to review in December 2022
Salary: Based on experience
Hours: Full Time
Starting date: Immediate
Holidays: 24 days per annum
Reporting to: Head of Support and Counselling
The purpose of this post will be to establish a central point of contact for clients and service users who wish to access counselling, as well as third party referrers. The post-holder will retain responsibility for positioning of client needs, co-ordination of referrals and administration of all case documents and data. Onward referrals to appropriate services will be an integral part of the role. Responsible for facilitation and administration of supplementary support services.
Schedule of Duties:
- The Administration Executive will be the principal point of contact for clients, service users and professionals who wish to enquire about accessing counselling and other support services.
- To carry out evaluative initial conversations with clients to determine which service is best equipped to suit their needs.
- In the event that a client is an appropriate candidate for counselling, to carry out an assessment or schedule the completion of same with one of the FB counsellors.
- Allocation of clients to counsellors (outsourced or internal)
- Administration relating to invoicing for externally procured services and liaison with existing financial and administrative staff in FB.
- Assisting the Head of Support & Counselling with development and administration of a new CRM system to specifically manage all support and counselling referrals.
- Oversee HSE Grant administration
- Assistance with coordination and facilitation of Support Groups
- Counselling sub-committee liaison (set-up, minutes, circulation)
- Visionaries Music School – administration of tutor invoices and student communications
- Work with the CEO and Head of Support & Counselling to develop, promote and expand the service
- Attendance at all relevant department meetings
- Where appropriate, to represent the FB Counselling and Support service at meetings/events.
- Other additional duties as required
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
- High level of administrative and organisational skills, including the ability to manage competing priorities and working to deadlines. Accuracy and attention to detail are essential to this role.
- A high level of experience in using the Microsoft Office suite and database software
- Experience with direct interactions with clients and service users
- Experience in the voluntary sector an advantage but not essential
- Group facilitation skills
- Familiarity with engagement through online platforms (Zoom/Skype/MS Teams)
- Database/CRM experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and presentation skills.
- A willingness to actively engage with the Support and Counselling team and to contribute ideas and suggestions for service improvement and development.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a copy of their curriculum vitae and cover letter to Anna Moran at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4 February 2022.
Fighting Blindness is an equal opportunities employer.